I’ve written quite a bit about Brad Miller, the former Clemson Tiger, and his rise to the Seattle and the top of the Mariner’s lineup. Last night, all my ranting and raving was given vindication as he had the best game of his young career. After a leading off the game with a single, he turned a smooth double play, blasted a moonshot two run home run, and then added a three run shot later in the game.
After being drafting in the second round out of Clemson, quite a few scouts saying he couldn’t stick at shortstop and would be better served as a 2B or 3B in the majors. Despite the doubt, he has only one error at shortstop and has brought not just a dazzling glove and solid bat, but a great energy to the ball club. His gritty style of play is already endearing him to Seattle Mariner fans.
Baseball retrieved. Congrats again to @SergioMillar on his first home run in the big leagues. #Mariners pic.twitter.com/MogFpmE387
— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) July 20, 2013
This was first posted on Reading Between the Seams baseball blog, where I also write. Full video of his day at the plate is there. Click here to jump over and see the clip. You can also see some of his slick fielding from some games before the All-Star break in the .gifs below.
If you enjoyed this post, please click the Facebook “Like” button on the right sidebar. You can share your opinions in the comment section below or by tweeting to@Ryan_Kantor. Thanks for reading!
- Mariners offense keeps humming, powered by Brad Miller (blogs.seattletimes.com)
- Clemson Alumnus to be New Seattle Mariner Shortstop, Howard’s Rock Vandal Caught, (ryankantor.com)
- Barnes makes history in Astros loss to Seattle (examiner.com)
- Former Clemson SS, Brad Miller, Part of Promising Future in Seattle (ryankantor.com)
- Miller’s 2 homers leads Mariners over Astros, 10-7 (timesleader.com)
- Brad Miller leading off for Mariners in Cincinnati (blogs.seattletimes.com)
Pingback: A Changing of the Guards for the Mariners | GET REAL BASEBALLGET REAL BASEBALL
This is a very good tip especially to thosee fresh to the blogosphere.
Simple but very precise info… Many thanks for sharing this
one. A must read article!